Hydrocolloid Dressing 2×2 (20 ct.)
NM5050HC | HCPCS code: A6234
Hydrocolloid dressings support natural healing by protecting wounds from trauma and contaminants while maintaining a moist healing environment. These dressings can also be used to reinforce intact skin or newly healed wound sites.
What is a Hydrocolloid Dressing?
Hydrocolloid dressings are flexible, water-resistant dressings composed of gel-forming agents that gently absorb fluid. These non-adherent primary dressings support natural healing by providing thermal insulation and promoting a moist environment for healing.
Hydrocolloid dressings act as a skin-like barrier, ideal for wounds with small to moderate drainage. These dressings can also be used over intact skin or newly healed sites to provide protection from friction and trauma.
Our latex-free Hydrocolloid Bordered Dressing features a water-resistant polyurethane outer layer and a gentle adhesive border.
Advantages of Hydrocolloid Dressings
- absorb minimal to moderate amounts of drainage
- promote moist environment for natural healing
- reduce risk of infection by preventing external bacteria contamination
- may be used under compression
- non-adherent to wound bed
- mild adhesive to dry skin
How to Apply Hydrocolloid Dressings
- clean and dry wound
- remove plastic film and place directly on the wound
- to remove dressing, peel the hydrocolloid away from skin in the direction of hair growth
- typical wear time is 3-7 days, depending on amount of wound drainage
Uses for Hydrocolloid Dressings
- minor burns, blisters, and abrasions
- protect intact skin from friction and pressure
- partial thickness wounds
- non-infected wounds
- superficial surgical incisions and donor sites
- pressure ulcers
- venous stasis ulcers
- arterial ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- wounds in areas with increased risk of urinary/fecal contamination
- newly healed sites or intact skin at risk for friction-related breakdown
Considerations for Hydrocolloid Dressings
- not indicated for wounds with large amounts of drainage, infected wounds, 3rd degree burns, fungal/herpetic lesions, or wounds with deep tunneling or areas of exposed tendon/bone
Free Shipping On All Orders Over $75, Always Low $4.99 FedEx Home Delivery For Orders Under $75
Our Products Are Shipped Directly From Our Temperature Controlled FDA Certified Warehouse in the USA.
Support Operation Second Chance
US Physician Owned Small Business.