Silicone Absorbent Dressing 6×7 inch (10 ct.)
NM1617SSA | HCPCS code: A6197
These versatile dressings are easy to apply and extremely versatile. They can be used to secure virtually any primary dressing in place and are appropriate for most wounds. Silicone Absorbent Dressings have a comfort-stick mild adhesive silicone border and a central absorbent pad.
Silicone Absorbent Dressings are used by wound care professionals all around the world, often with Calcium Alginate Dressings and Collagen Dressings. These dressings are used in the treatment of large decubitus pressure ulcers including large sacral wounds as well as diabetic and vascular wounds.
Silicone Absorbent Dressings are also a great choice for post-operative wounds, due to the built-in hypoallergenic contact layer that protects sutures and fragile healing tissue, reducing trauma and pain with dressing changes.
Advantages of Silicone Absorbent Dressings
- Quick and easy application
- Reduce risk of infection by absorbing debris and allowing for easy visualization of wound
- Flexible and comfortable
- Promote moist environment for natural healing
- Absorb moderate to large amounts of drainage
- Reduce trauma and pain with dressing changes
- Semi-permeable, allow water vapor to escape, but block water/contaminants from entering
- Compatible with any primary dressings
How to Apply Silicone Absorbent Dressings
- Clean with wound cleanser or saline, pat dry
- Apply primary dressing if indicated (ie. Calcium Alginate Dressing, Collagen Dressing)
- Cover with Silicone Absorbent Dressing
- Recommended dressing change every 2-5 days, depending on amount of wound drainage.
Uses for Silicone Absorbent Dressings
- Wounds with moderate to large amounts of drainage
- Large wounds over the sacrum
- Partial and full thickness wounds
- Surgical and dehisced wounds
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Pressure ulcers (sacrococcyx, gluteal, ischial, trochanter, malleolus, heel)
- Diabetic wounds and wounds associated with vascular disease
- wounds with red granulation tissue or nonviable (necrotic) tissue
Considerations for Silicone Absorbent Dressings
- require intact skin around wound in order to anchor adhesive border
- should not be not cut, integrity of dressing must remain intact to function optimally
- may moisten adhesive edges of dressing to ease removal
Weight: 9.8 oz