Calcium Alginate with Silver 4×5 (10 ct.)
NM1012SAD | HCPCS: A6197
Our Antimicrobial Silver Calcium Alginate dressings combine the bacteria-reducing power of silver with the super absorbent properties of an alginate, helping to draw in wound fluid and debris, reduce bioburden in infected wounds, and keep wounds clean!
What is a Calcium Alginate Dressing?
Calcium alginate dressings are non-woven, absorbent dressings made from seaweed. These dressings can hold up to 20 times their weight and are ideal for wounds with moderate to large amounts of drainage.
When the calcium and sodium fibers come into contact with wound drainage, the dressing transforms into a gel consistency that conforms to the shape of the wound bed. This action promotes wound healing by filling “dead space” within the wound and maintaining a moist environment that is optimal for healing.
Calcium Alginate dressings are non-occlusive and non-adherent, allowing for gas and heat exchange at the wound surface while also minimizing trauma and discomfort with dressing changes.
Advantages of Calcium Alginate with Silver Dressings
- absorb moderate to large amounts of drainage
- reduce risk of infection by lowering bacterial burden and absorbing debris
- maintain moist environment for natural healing (autolytic debridement)
- non-adherent, resulting in less pain with removal
- appropriate for infected or tunneling wounds
- hemostatic properties, help to stop bleeding
- versatile, can be combined with many other topical agents
- non-occlusive, allow gas exchange across surface of wound
How to Apply Silver Calcium Alginate Dressings
- clean with wound cleanser or saline, pat dry
- Cut dressing to size of the wound bed
- Place Calcium Alginate with Silver directly on the wound bed
- Cover & secure with secondary dressing or wrap (i.e. Bordered Foam Dressing, Bordered Gauze Dressing)
- Typical dressing change every 1-3 days or when soiled
When Should Calcium Alginate Dressings Be Used?
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Diabetic Wounds
- Pressure injuries and ulcers
- Deep wounds
- Infected wounds
- Wounds with irregular shape
- Traumatic wounds and skin tears
- Surgical wounds
- Almost any wound with drainage!
Free Shipping On All Orders Over $75, Always Low $4.99 FedEx Home Delivery For Orders Under $75
Our Products Are Shipped Directly From Our Temperature Controlled FDA Certified Warehouse in the USA.
Support Operation Second Chance
US Physician Owned Small Business.
🎖 5% of Proceeds are Donated Operation Second Chance to Support U.S. Veterans