Bordered Gauze Wound dressing 4×6 (30 ct.)
NM1015BWD | HCPCS code: A6254
Bordered Gauze Dressings are appropriate for both partial and full-thickness wounds. The flexible, nonstick pad is secured with a mild adhesive border, so you can move around comfortably knowing that the dressing will stay in place!
These dressings are easy to apply and allow for monitoring of wound drainage levels without removal of the bandage.
For wounds with more moisture, consider Silicone Absorbent Dressings.
Advantages of Bordered Gauze wound dressings:
- Gentle adherent border
- Absorbent non-adherent center pad
- Vapor permeability allows the wound and skin to breathe
How to Apply Bordered Gauze Dressings
- Clean with wound cleanser or saline, pat dry
- Apply primary dressing if indicated
- Select appropriate size Bordered Gauze Dressing, ensuring center pad fully covers wound
- Remove paper backing & place dressing over wound
- Change as indicated by level of drainage, or if wet or soiled
Uses for Bordered Gauze wound dressings:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic wounds
- Vascular wounds
- Surgical sites
- Skin tears
- Wounds with low to moderate drainage
- Donor sites
- May also be used over gels, ointments, Collagen Dressings, and Calcium Alginate Dressings.
- Bordered Gauze Wound dressings are not indicated for heavily draining wounds
- Should signs of irritation, maceration or sensitivity appear, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
🎖 5% of Proceeds are Donated Operation Second Chance to Support U.S. Veterans