Calcium Alginate 12″ Rope (5 ct.)
NM7530CAD | HCPCS: A6199
Calcium alginate rope is made of calcium and sodium fibers from seaweed, spun into a long, thin, rope-like form. This dressing is an excellent choice for draining wounds that have deep, narrow cavities of tissue loss like dead space or tunneling.
What is a Calcium Alginate Dressing?
Calcium alginate dressings are non-woven, absorbent dressings made from seaweed. These dressings can hold up to 20 times their weight and are ideal for wounds with moderate to large amounts of drainage.
When the calcium and sodium fibers come into contact with wound drainage, the dressing transforms into a gel consistency that conforms to the shape of the wound bed. This action promotes wound healing by filling “dead space” within the wound and maintaining a moist environment that is optimal for healing.
Calcium Alginate dressings are non-occlusive and non-adherent, allowing for gas and heat exchange at the wound surface while also minimizing trauma and discomfort with dressing changes.
Advantages of Calcium Alginate Dressings
- Super Absorbent
- Protects healing tissue
- Maintain moist environment for natural healing
- Non stick and easy to remove
- Can help stop bleeding
- Can be used with many other dressings (hydrogel, honey, collagen)
How to Apply Calcium Alginate Rope Dressings
- Clean with wound cleanser or saline and pat dry
- Use a sterile cotton tip applicator to fluff, then layer calcium alginate rope, loosely filling any dead space in the wound and ensuring the dressing is fully in contact with all wound surfaces
- Cut away any excess rope to avoid over packing
- Cover & secure with adhesive dressing or wrap (i.e. Bordered Foam Dressing, Bordered Gauze Dressing)
- Typical dressing change every 1-3 days or when soiled
- Use antimicrobial Silver Calcium Alginate Rope dressing for infected wounds
When Should Calcium Alginate Rope Dressings Be Used?
- Wounds with tunneling or undermining
- Sinus tracts
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Diabetic Wounds
- Pressure injuries and ulcers
- Deep wounds
- Infected wounds
- Wounds with irregular shape
- Traumatic wounds and skin tears
- Surgical wounds
- Almost any wound with drainage!
Free Shipping On All Orders Over $75, Always Low $4.99 FedEx Home Delivery For Orders Under $75
Our Products Are Shipped Directly From Our Temperature Controlled FDA Certified Warehouse in the USA.
Support Operation Second Chance
US Physician Owned Small Business.
Weight: 2.1 oz